GT-86 Belgique (http://www.gt86.be)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Mascarade ...
Voir le deal

DIY : Montages de Manos T° eau, T°huile, Pression d'huile...

+3
koj
Mambo
Soon
7 participants

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2

DIY : Montages de Manos T° eau, T°huile, Pression d'huile... - Page 2 Empty Re: DIY : Montages de Manos T° eau, T°huile, Pression d'huile...

Message par koj Mar 19 Jan - 17:21

oui ca a l'air pas mal ça pour la température.
koj
koj
Un tour d'avance sur les autres

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

DIY : Montages de Manos T° eau, T°huile, Pression d'huile... - Page 2 Empty Re: DIY : Montages de Manos T° eau, T°huile, Pression d'huile...

Message par Schnukums Sam 28 Oct - 13:52

Hi!
I'm from Austria and i've found this forum because i was googling for gauges in a gt86.
My french n'est pas bien, so i hope it is ok that i write in english.

I just wanted to ask, which gauges are those? And where did you order/buy those?
Schnukums
Schnukums

Message par Mambo Sam 28 Oct - 19:31

Hello dear. I think those gauges are no-names from China.
You can find them here, but you'll need Soon to read your message to have more precises informations Wink
Mambo
Mambo
Loin devant

http://www.gt86.be

Message par Soon Lun 30 Oct - 0:08

Schnukums a écrit:Hi!
I'm from Austria and i've found this forum because i was googling for gauges in a gt86.
My french n'est pas bien, so i hope it is ok that i write in english.

I just wanted to ask, which gauges are those? And where did you order/buy those?

Hi Schnukums !!

Our Master Guru Mambo was true Smile

Those gauges are from China, I bought it on Ebay but now you can find it on Aliexpress, here is a link (not exactly the same but a Kind of !! ) :
[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

I didn't hold them a long time, as I don't change anything on my engine, I use it one month and after sold it to another GT86 owner.

If you need more information, you can still asking Wink
And sorry for my english too, I really don't use it often !

Do you really need 3 gauges or only one ?
'Cause one of the reason I sold it is that only the oil pressure was really useful as when can read the oil and coolant temp with Torque App on an Android device !

^^
Soon
Soon
On ne l'arrête plus

Message par Schnukums Lun 30 Oct - 9:14

Hi! Thx for the answers. Those gauges beeing chinese explains a lot! They look very much like defi-gauges but without the logo.

What i want to install are Oil Pressure and Temp. gauges. I can readout the temp with an App but quite frankly i'm just to lazy to put my phone in the holder, start the dongle and the app every time i drive, so i figured installing the gauges would be the compfortable solution...

I've been doing a lot of research on gauges lately and somehow there seems to be no way around the defi-gauges (somehow i just dont trust the chinese know-offs with the buildquality) if i want to keep it as stock looking als possible...

(ps: no worries about the english. i understand still way more than if you write french Wink )
Schnukums
Schnukums

Message par Soon Mar 31 Oct - 0:01

I understand, I don't start "Torque" every trip I make.

If I had to buy others gauges for oil temp and oil pressure, I would try one like this I think :
Innovate MTX-D Gauge
As you can see, this gauge is ready to receive both temperature and pressure sensor.

Innovate is from USA so that's not chinese cheap reproduction.
Here is their website

Video with their OLD pressure sensor as it's not the same shown in the online shop :

the setings :

^^
Soon
Soon
On ne l'arrête plus

Message par Schnukums Mar 31 Oct - 15:42

After a ton of reasearch i believe i have found the best gauges: D1 Spec distinct series. Look pretty much like the Defis, have the same motor-tech as the defis, dont have this smoked-glass-nonsense and cost way less than defis (roughly 180€ for oil press and temp gauges) - sounds like a win!

Has someone had any experience with those gauges?
Schnukums
Schnukums

Message par Soon Mar 31 Oct - 23:19

Schnukums a écrit:After a ton of reasearch i believe i have found the best gauges: D1 Spec distinct series. Look pretty much like the Defis, have the same motor-tech as the defis, dont have this smoked-glass-nonsense and cost way less than defis (roughly 180€ for oil press and temp gauges) - sounds like a win!

Has someone had any experience with those gauges?

I don't think some of us had...
I had a quick look on the French forum and no result for D1 products.

But it's also Chinese gauge no ??
Looks like it comes from Taiwan.

If you mount it, give us a feed back please Smile
it will maybe help some of us to chose to try it too !
Soon
Soon
On ne l'arrête plus

Message par Schnukums Mer 1 Nov - 13:46

I was literally seconds away from ordering those D1Specs (i had them, along with some misc stuff like cups and an oilfilter sandwichadapterplate in the shoppingcart) All i had to do was to enter the paymentmethod, but something bugged me. Call me a pessimist, but i thought it was way to good to be true. So i dug deeper, i've watched literally every youtubevid on those gauges, looked through every site i could find and studied the installationguide that comes with the gauges - and i've found a miniscule but potentially f-ing annoying designflaw with those gauges. They do have a dimmer function BUT you have to swith between night/daylighting manually (i doesn't do it automatically when you turn your headlights on). It might be not that kind of a big deal but it also might drive you crazy with a light constanly shining in the corner of your eyes. Plus the opening/closing-sequence is kind of over-the-top for me - it's just to much swooshing and blinking...

Apart from those minor (but in my opinion pretty annoying) flaws, those D1s seem to be quite decent gauges. They are made in Taiwan but since the "brag" about the "Advance CR"-techonology (what ever it atually might be - all i know is that defi uses it too) on their Homepage, the D1s might be more of some kind of a licensed copy than a cheap chinese knock-off. And the price is really unbeatable...As long as you are willig to live with those flaws i wrote about above, that is.

So i continued my search. Right now i'm looking into some STRi DSD-CS gauges. Those look like this:

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir cette image]

The STRis seem to be well made. They dont fit the OEM-Look (in terms of guageface design) quite as good as the D1s , but on the other hand they seem to have one feature that goes quite nicely with the rest of the 86 instrumentation. The arm/pointer is constantly lit (in a red colour), same as the oem-gauges are in the 86. Plus they do light up when you turn on your headlights and the opening/closing ceremony is less "flashy". There is one minor designflaw i found (because ofcourse i did) - the Set button is on the back of the gauge. So if you put it in a cup or any other holder you won't be able to operate ist (meaning you cant set/recall the peak, set brightness and so on) so the manufacturer adds in a button with an extension cord that you can place whereever you want. The only problem with this is, the button is f-ing ugly as hell. It is a rougly 1cm in diameter big, red, round button. It looks ridiculously like an "eject-o-seato"-button... i mean seriously, who thought it would be a good idea... Anyway, since i don't waht to play around with the gauges all day - but rather just put them in place and have them work - this issue does not concern me too much.

The prices on those are a different story though. For Oil Press and Temp i am looking at roughly € 310,- which is almost twice as much as the D1s and not that far away from the defis.

I haven't made up my mind so I'm not yet sure which ones i'm going to be going with, but if you want to, i could keep you in the loop.
Schnukums
Schnukums

Message par Soon Mer 8 Nov - 15:50

thanks for the feed back Smile

We will wait for your news Smile
Soon
Soon
On ne l'arrête plus

Message par Mambo Ven 17 Nov - 13:05

(TU)
Mambo
Mambo
Loin devant

Message par Schnukums Mar 21 Nov - 10:19

A little update:

In the meantime i ordered and had the stri gauge shipped to me. The Idea was to get it installed the past weekend, along with a few other mods (backup camera and hood dampeners). As with all installations, it didn't go as planned. But first things first...

The gauge:
It is the first gauge i have ever bought so take my writing with a grain of salt.

The body is made of metal, which feels rather good/high quality and has a titanium grey finish. The color of the dial doesn't match the OEM-cluster. The OE-Cluster has an orangy glow to it, the gauge has a "laser"red lighting. Plus the OE-dials have a black plastic frame, whereas the STRi dial is transparent with a touch of red on the top. The guageface looks allright, my biggest complaint is the oversized logo in the middle. It kinda ruins the look in my opinion. The backlight is bright, cold white and seems to match the OE-instruments quite well. I can't put my finger on it, but for whatever reason the gaugeface and the dial feel kind of toy-ish to me. This feeling might be eliviated when the gauge is in place and the protective foil is removed.

I have a picture posted on my Instagram @DailyDriv6n.

The installation:

To wire the thing up i didn't want to just go with the "dracula-clips"/"electricity thieves" (or whatever they are actually called). I wanted to make it "better". This inevitably lead me to overengeneering that damn thing.

What i did was take one of those looms:

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

and pin a 4-pin-connector into it (along with it i pinned a 2-pin-connector for the backup cam too). That way it was a kind of plug and play solution for the gauge.

For the sensor i was going to install it in the oil galley plug but failed miserably unscrewing the blind plug - partly because i did not have an 8mm-bit for the ratchet, partly because - although it is supposed to be tightened with 30-40 Nm the blind plug seems to be glued in place, that damn thing wouldn't budge.

Well that is that for the time beeing. The idea is to run the power wires below the Instrument and to the driverside of the dash, the sensor wires along the driverside of the enginebay and through a grommet located convieniently infront of the driver.

That is it for now. I will continue installing it peu a peu during the week - that is the general idea at least.
Schnukums
Schnukums

Message par Schnukums Mer 22 Nov - 21:37

A little update:

today i ran the wiring (power for the gauge) almost to its final position.
It was a 15 min job.
What i did was:

- remove the fake carbon trim (just clips - pull slowly but with some force and they will come off)
- pull out the radio (four 10mm bolts)
- remove the instrument cluster brezel (you are supposed to have a screw left of the radio, mine was missing though, you gently but firmly pull on that edge until you feel the clips loosen, then you slowly pull the instrument cover roughly parallel to the curvature of the windscreen - meaning up and towards you - then i used a plastic card and pried the left side of the brezel off)
- i ran the wiring underneath the instrument cluster but above the steering column
- then i removed the side dash panel (on its lowest point it has a perfect point to pry it open with a flathead screwdriver)
- and finally i fished the cable through one of the very small holes

Next up will be the installation of the sensor wires, the installation of the sensor itself and the installation of the gauge pod (also i have to modify the pod a little but i guess i'll make it some time in the future...

i've put some pictures of the install on my instagram
Schnukums
Schnukums

Message par Schnukums Dim 26 Nov - 14:17

Anoter Update!
The installation ist complete (almost at least)

For installing the Sensor i went with the oil galley plug, which is located next to the AC-Copressor (belt driven accessory on the drivers side of the engine, next to the oil filter).
As written in in this thread you need a 8mm allen bit. That thing is quite well on there, so you need some muscle to unscrew that damn thing.

I used an adaptor for the sensor and sealed it with teflon tape. I read that using a teflon tape is subpar because it might flake and those flakes might clog something, but i couldnt find a thread sealent (plus the oem galley plug is sealed with teflon tape and the manual for the gauges states the use of teflon tape so ... what could possibly go wrong Rolling Eyes )

Wrenching the sensor in place is a little nightmare. Whereas you can use a ratchet to get the plug adaptor in place (i used 35 Nm to torque it in place), wrenching on the damn senor is near impossible. I opened the air filter box an held it up while trying to fight for every bit of thread with a wrench. Well it's in place now and as of now i am yet to see a leak...

Finagling the wire through the grommet on the drivers side was rather tricky but very doable.

Et Voila! It works!

I'm not really fond of the pod/cup i used - it was a 10€ piece, which is quite frankly crap - so i ordered one of those block8heads single pods. Let's see how those turn out...
Schnukums
Schnukums

Message par Mambo Sam 2 Déc - 11:12

Thanx for the informations...(TU)
Maybe some pictures would be nice? Rolling Eyes
Mambo
Mambo
Loin devant

Message par Schnukums Sam 2 Déc - 12:31

Since Photobucket blocked 3d party hosting i don't have a place to upload the pictures. This is why i posted a few on my Instagram (@DailyDriv6n - or just search for the #ddv6)
Schnukums
Schnukums

Message par Soon Dim 29 Déc - 23:03

Schnukums a écrit:Since Photobucket blocked 3d party hosting i don't have a place to upload the pictures. This is why i posted a few on my Instagram (@DailyDriv6n - or just search for the #ddv6)

You got a new follower Wink
Soon
Soon
On ne l'arrête plus

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2